Managing your references with EndNote
EndNote is a citation management tool used by researchers, faculty, and students to store, organise and cite references. Lund University has a license for EndNote, and employees at Lund University who have a Lucat ID can download the software free of charge, updates included.
Pros of using EndNote
By using EndNote you can easily
• Collect article, book, and webpage references in an EndNote library
• Organise your references, figures, pdf as well as other documents
• Create references in different journal styles in Microsoft Word
EndNote offers also more storage space than freely available reference management software usually do.
Getting started with EndNote
- An EndNote library consists of two files: .DATA och .ENL. These files need to be saved and stored together, for example in a separate folder or on your desktop.
- We recommend that you only create and use ONE library in place of creating multiple libraries. Instead, organise your references in separate groups for quick orientation and overview of your reference collection.
Installation of EndNote on your computer
We highly recommend installing EndNote on your computer, avoiding cloud services such as Box, OneDrive, or iCloud. Contact Med IT for installation support at servicedesk [at] lu [dot] se (servicedesk[at]lu[dot]se).
EndNote is developed by Clarivate Analytics and is available for both Windows och Mac.
Library & ICT research support team gives user support in EndNote: Contact us for guidance or ask a question about a specific problem you have with EndNote and reference management at Book Research Support (web form).