Interlibrary loans, databases & journals
The libraries at Lund University have a wide range of tools ans search services for finding essential medical and health literature. If you can´t find a specific article or a book in the Lund University collections, you can make a request through Medical Faculty Library interlibrary loan service.
Interlibrary loan service
If you can´t find a specific article or a book in the Lund University collections, you can make a request through Medical Faculty Library (Library & ICT) interlibrary loan service. You need to be employee or affiliated with a Lucat ID to order articles and books through our service.
How to order an interlibrary loan
- Before you place your order, please check if you already have access to the article or journal, or if the book you need already is available at Lund University:
- Search for journals and articles at Lund University in LUBsearch, the Lund University Libraries´portal or Lubito, a database covering articles published in non-Swedish scholarly journals which the University Library holds in printed form.
- Search for books in the Lund University library catalogue, LUBcat.
- Request your interlibrary loan at the Lund University Libraries website.
- After ordering, you will be contacted by Medical Faculty Library interlibrary loan service. Please, contact us if you have any questions.
- 80 SEK per article copy
- 150 SEK per book from libraries outside the Nordic countries
- No fee for books from libraries within the Nordic countries
Databases & scientific journals at Lund University
Finding databases, journals, and e-books in LUBsearch
LUBsearch is the Lund University portal and collective entry point to all the Lund University Libraries' collections. Through a single search field, you can find journals, databases, medical dictionaries, encyclopaedias, and e-books.
Access to databases, journals and e-books off-campus
As an employee, you can access databases and journals and other electronic recourses such as e-books and encyclopaedias outside the university network. When you’re working from home or elsewhere outside the university network, use your Lucat ID for access via LUBsearch, or connect to VPN.
Search, borrow, and request books in the library catalogue
In the library catalogue, you can see if the book you are looking for is available, which library it is placed at and the shelving location. You can choose any library as a pick-up location when placing a request for a book. It is not possible to place a request for available textbooks. Use your LU card to borrow and request books.
Interlibrary Loan Service
If you have any questions about your order, please contact Library & ICT´s interlibrary loan service at Ask the faculty library (web from)
Submit a purchase suggestion
You are welcome to submit suggestions for books, journals and databases which you think the Medical Faculty Library should have. Contact us at Ask your faculty library (web form).