REDCap – a tool for secure data capture
REDCap is a data capture application for research studies that helps you and your research group to collect, manage, archive, and report research data in a secure manner, for example in a clinical study. The application provides web-based case report forms, real-time data entry validation, audit trails, and the ability to set up a calendar to schedule and track critical study events such as blood-draws and patient visits.
Getting started with REDCap
- Apply for login credentials and request access to REDCap at the Lund University Lucat Portal. Login with your Lucat ID at Lucat (administrativ system).
- On My Page, select the My entitlements option in the menu to the left and chose Request an entitlement.
- In the dropdown boxes select the following options::
- Type of entitlement: IT services
- IT service group: Forskningsadministration (option only In Swedish)
- IT service: REDCap
- Access: User
- Apply: Click on the Request button
You need a Lucat ID to apply for access to REDCap. This is a prerequisite for all REDCap users at Lund University. Contact the Lucat manager at your institution or department if you need help with Lucat ID, for example if you are PI for a project with affiliated researcher(s) without a Lucat ID.
Contact the Library & ICT research support team to discuss a present or future project, or to get started with REDCap. The support service is free of charge for affiliated research groups at the Faculty of Medicine.
Contact us at Library & ICT Research Support (web form).
Library & ICT provides user training in REDCap. Our REDCap course is free of charge for affiliated research group leaders at the Faculty of Medicine and includes four separate modules.
Library & ICT offers, through REDCap, a data management solution with frequent backups and secure access control to help researchers acquire, store, and report on their research data in compliance with regulations. The study director can assign different levels of access for each member of the research team.