Funding a doctoral level course
Course leaders may continuously submit applications for funding of elective courses to the Research Studies Board.
After assessment of the application, the Research Studies Board can decide to finance elective courses according to the following standard amounts:
- 1.5 credit elective course: a maximum of SEK 65.000
- 3 credit elective course: a maximum of SEK 130.000
Please note that if funding is granted by the Research Studies Board, only the standard amount is paid out. Costs for remuneration to the course leader, rent for venues, coffee etc. are handled by the course leader.
Funding application for elective doctoral course
Please include the following:
- subject area of the course
- an explanation of why the course is needed
- a description of the target group of students and an assessment of the possible number of applicants
- a description of the design of the course, eg.:
- course content
- How will the teaching be structured?
- Who will be teaching?
- scope of the course, eg.:
- number of credits (if an established syllabus exists), or
- a schedule, or
- the number of hours of study the course comprises (including time for independent study, reading of course literature and completion of assignments).
- course budget
- syllabus (if established)
The application process
Please email your application to: phdcourses [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se (phdcourses[at]med[dot]lu[dot]se)
The applications are first discussed at the Research Studies Board’s preparatory meeting, which takes place twice a year (in March and September), after which an official decision is made at the subsequent board meeting.
If funding is approved without a final syllabus, the next step is to get the syllabus established.
- Deadline for funding applications for courses conducted Autumn 2024: 29 February 2024
- Deadline for funding applications for courses conducted Spring 2025: 31 August 2024
phdcourses [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se