Present your research in the Research Portal / LUCRIS
Make your publications, projects, grants and other research-related activities visible to external researchers and a larger audience in Lund University's research portal. LUCRIS is the name of the registration interface where you can enter and update information about your research activities.
What is the Research Portal?
The research portal makes visible individual researchers' and research groups' publications, projects, grants and other research-related activities. The portal is aimed at external researchers, research partners and funders, as well as the general public and the media. The visitor can easily navigate between people, publications, projects and infrastructure. In the Research Portal, each researcher and each unit has its own profile page. The purpose is to present the research conducted at Lund University.
Benefits of presenting your research in the Research Portal:
- Make your research publications more searchable.
- Make your research project visible to external researchers and a larger audience.
- Present your researcher profile.
- Simplifies for you to create and update a web page for your research project, which is often required by external funders.
What is LUCRIS?
All information in the Research Portal comes from LUCRIS. LUCRIS is the name of the registration interface where you can enter and update information about your publications, projects, grants and other research-related activities, while the Research Portal is the visible interface to the outside world. LUCRIS and the Research Portal together constitute the University's research information system.
New journal articles where Lund University is mentioned as affiliation are imported monthly from the database Scopus. Scopus has good coverage and monitors more than 20,000 journals.
- Book chapters.
- Conference contributions.
- Articles published in new or unusual journals that are not monitored by Scopus and thus are not imported automatically every month.
- Articles that you have authored during a previous employment at another university or employer. These publications will be marked as external.
- Older articles. In most cases, older articles can be imported from the Scopus or PubMed databases. First, check your publication list in LUCRIS before importing. You do this by searching for your name in the Research Portal and open your profile page, select the Research Output tab to see your publication list.
On the LU Staff web you can find information about what should, should be added to LUCRIS or if there are only recommendations. For some content, there are also local guidelines at faculty level.
If you are an active researcher at Lund University, you automatically have a visible profile page on Lund University's research portal.
The personal profile is there to give a clear picture of you as a researcher, your research areas and your background in the Research Portal. The personal information on the profile page is retrieved from Lucat and you can enter other information yourself, such as a photo or a personal description of your research area.
What is ORCID?
ORCID is an international research ID used as an identifier by many funders and publishers. As a researcher, you can use ORCID to ensure that your publications are credited to you and not to anyone else. By having your ORCID ID on your profile in the Research Portal, you ensure that visitors such as external financiers can ensure that you are you.
Each time you upload a publication to LUCRIS, your ORCID profile is automatically updated. So you don't have to manually update two systems with future publications.
Export from LUCRIS to ORCID
If you turn on the export from LUCRIS to ORCID, your ORCID profile will be automatically updated with:
- information about your affiliation to Lund University
- publications (metadata only, no full texts)
- other IDs you added to LUCRIS (for example, Scopus author id, ResearcherID)
- link to your personal page in the Research Portal
Library & ICT research support team
Do you need help registering a publication or improving your personal profile?
Contact us at servicedesk [at] lu [dot] se (servicedesk[at]lu[dot]se).