Perspectives on assessment
Perspectives on assessment is one of the courses offered to complete ten weeks of education in higher education pedagogy.
Who is this course for?
For you who teaches at the Medical faculty and has completed at least five weeks of education in higher education pedagogy.
The aim of this course is to provide the participants with the opportunity to discuss and further develop their understanding of assessment for learning, assessment of learning and assessment as learning.
Scope and assessment
The course comprises 80 hours of work. In order to get a course certificate, attendance and active participation is required in all parts of the course, as well as a pass grade on course assignments. All course elements must be completed within two years from the start of the course.
On completion of the course, the participant shall be able to
- account for regulations regarding legally secure examinations and give examples how this manifests itself in own practice
- evaluate the assessment process and reason about the importance of methods for assessment and based on analysis identify influential factors
- communicate own experience regarding assessment related to current state of knowledge in higher education pedagogy
- analyze and interpret assessment data to optimize the digital learning environment
- reflect on one’s role as a teacher and/or examiner in the assessment situation, including gender equality, equal treatment and sustainability.
Why do we need assessment? What can be included in the assessment and how do we design the process? These are questions we address during the course. Further questions regarding assessment that we immerse ourselves in is when and where the assessment can take place. Who is responsible for and who perform the assessment. We discuss how we can ensure that the assessment is performed in a legally secure way and how various forms of assessment can be used.
The course starts with three introductory course meetings followed by planning and individual work. Thereafter we reconvene during two course meetings before the work will be finalized and presented. Between course meetings reading will be required.
The next course in English is planned for 2025.
kajsa [dot] lamm [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se