Development project in teaching and learning in higher education
This course is intended for teaching staff at the Faculty of Medicine who have completed at least five weeks of higher education pedagogical education and wish to carry out a pedagogical development project.
Who is this course for?
Teaching staff at the medical faculty who have completed at least five weeks of higher education pedagogical education and wish to carry out a pedagogical development project at the program level to achieve 10 weeks of qualifying higher education pedagogical education.
The aim of the course is for the participant to apply their knowledge of higher education pedagogy in research or educational development within their teaching at basic or advanced level.
Scope and assessment
The course comprises 200 hours of work with a larger university pedagogical development project. To pass the course, an approved project work that meets the learning outcomes is required, as well as written and oral presentation of the project.
On completion of the course, the participant shall be able to
- reason about the conditions for learning based on pedagogical theory and experience from the own subject area
- problematize the importance of learning environments for students' learning, compare such environments and propose their evaluation and development
- plan for inclusive pedagogy supported by current regulations
- be able to reflect on one’s professional approach to teaching in relation to one's practice and the students' participation in the education
- carry out independent work that deals with education and teaching as well as the development of the same within one's area of knowledge, related to higher education pedagogical theory and research
- make use of, analyze and communicate own and others' experiences as well as relevant results of research as a basis for the development of education and of one's own profession.
An extensive pedagogical project comprising evaluation and/or development work is carried out and reported; based on literature in the field.
The development work is carried out independently by the course participant with the support of supervision and relevant literature.The project plan must be approved in connection with the admission. The project is supposed to result in a written and an oral presentation of the work.
The course has continuous enrollment - contact Annika Diehl, annika [dot] diehl [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se (annika[dot]diehl[at]med[dot]lu[dot]se).
In order to take the course, you must have a plan or a concrete idea for a development work completed when you apply.
Course coordinator at MedCUL
annika [dot] diehl [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se